Harrowing Stories From Sala 2 Prison after the Rooftop Clashes
“The coordination of truth for the defense of prisoners of conscience and belief” learned from trustworthy sources that the inmates of the Salafi Jihadi Cases in Sala Prison 1 and 2 after the events on the 16th 17th of May 2011 have been subjected to:
– The Inmates descended from the roof tops after one major official gave an oath by his own honor that they will not punish the inmates and will only transfer them to different prison institutions.
– After the inmates descended from the roofs they were split into two, the first group taken to Toulal Prison Meknes the other taken to Sala 2 prison, this is what the second group where subjected to:
- Handcuffed and blindfolded
- Calling the inmates by name one by one to be tortured
- Kicked and stamped on with military boots
- Random beating with water hoses
- Smashing their heads on the walls
- Slapping their faces with ferocity
- Making them lay down on their stomachs and beating them so they may say “long live the king” and “baa” [like a sheep]> Whoever says “Allahu Akbar” they tell mock him by saying “Allahu Akbar does not feed you bread”Dragging the inmates by their hair
- Placing the inmates under running taps with their clothes on and beating them
- Leaving the inmates to sleep with their wet clothes for the first night
- Putting the inmates’ legs through the bars of the door and beating them while pouring water on them (Al-Falqa)
- Shaving their heads and some of them had their heads and beards shaved
- Whoever makes Athaan or reads Quran out loud is punished by making them sit on their knees for six hours on the hard floor
- Providing them with repulsive food that would only suffice two, for a group of ten. Whoever does not eat is forced to do so even if he has a reason not to eat e.g. ulcers etc.
- Torturing some inmates and force feeding them after they began a hunger strike.
- Bushta Al-Sharif had a medical checkup and was given some medication. The secret service
- confiscated his medication and told him to drop his torture charges, but he declined and said he would only do so if they release him and never bother him again.
This is happening at a time when we are being told morocco is moving into a new age of freedom and accountability. Or is it that our brothers are not citizens of this country? Or are they not human?
We ask all the noble and courageous people in the world to aid us in our struggle until the oppression is lifted and the prisoners are released and reclaim their freedom and dignity.
Um Mohammed Hasna Musa’id
On Behalf of :
The coordination of truth for the defense of prisoners of conscience and belief Casablanca